Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Ed note : Here it is..... It's not the first recording, but it was the most popular one. And a big thank you to The Gal! For keeping this Saturday Meme going through thick and thicker.
Saturday 9, in sometimes impertinent Questions.
Want to join in? Go HERE
Wow, I think I'm channeling Harriet!
Poke fun at the Pompous mind twisters trying to make the proverbial silk purse out of a sow's ear? I know that is a bit mangled but, this modern "Roman Circus" is just asking to be lampooned. Other than that, there's not anything I can do really. I just get through the days with as much aplomb as can be mustered. (Ha! I almost typed mustard!)
2) He sings that, at night, the stars put on a show for free. Are you economizing, or sticking to a budget? It's a budget, per se, but we don't write it all down. We buy food, gas, and pay utilities and taxes, and donate to causes. This is a sufficiency of all good things; it may also be a budget.
3) In addition to recording this song for his album, Flag, James Taylor surprised the song's composer, and his good friend. Carole King by performing it the night she received her Kennedy Center Honor (see link above). Tell us about a good turn a friend has done for you recently. They gave me a warning about something to come, and apparently it's soon.
4) James Taylor and Carole King have been good friends for decades, but they have never been romantically involved. Do you have platonic friends of the opposite sex? Actually most of my friends have passed away, male and female, but I had a lot of good, male (and female) friends in the Rockhounds. They were almost all ten to twenty years older than I am, and so it was sort of a "little sister" or daughterly thing. Rock Hounds are some of the best folks, outside of Academia, in this world. Come to think of it, some of them WERE academics.
5) James was born in the Boston hospital where his father worked as a resident physician. Are there any doctors or nurses in your family? Three of my paternal cousins have doctorates but only one has a Medical degree. I'm not sure if any are nurses. One of my twin daughters was trained to be an LPN.
6) When James was young, his family moved to Chapel Hill, NC. James has vivid memories of how beautiful the area was in all four seasons. What's your favorite time of year? I like the Wet Season. We have weather here that could be called, "The Dry" and "The Wet", as they do in Australia. We don't really have much of a winter, though sometimes we get snow in our mountains. So, to answer the question, I like our Winter/Spring season the best.
7) In 1979, when this recording was popular, ESPN launched. Do you often watch that cable sports channel? Moi? Buhahahahaha!
8) Also in 1979, the Voyager spacecraft sent photos back to earth that revealed Jupiter's rings. Without looking it up, can you name all the planets in our solar system? Yes. I'm pretty down with the half a million (teasing) moons out there circling them, too. Do you know Earth has two moons? They are just afraid to tell us because they just detected it. After all that money and time! ;o)
9) Random question: Our Saturday 9 Wizards give you a choice -- you can be 20 years old and gorgeous, 30 years old and brilliant, or 40 years old and rich. Which do you choose?
These Saturday 9 Wizards really have a wicked witch side, too, don't they?
I want it ALL! I want to be forever young, rich, brilliant and Gorgeous. Actually I really want to be a Guardian Angel who can spell any word in any language but that's not a choice, is it?