"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Sunday Stealing: More than Tuesday 4



 Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes 
of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and
Bud)  Cheers to all of us thieves!


 Want to see other's blogs?  Go HERE

More than Tuesday 4

 These are several questions stolen from the Tuesday 4 meme.


 











Edit:  I forgot a mystery series: The James Chee and Joe Leaphorn ones by Tony Hillerman.

1.   Have you ever known anyone that’s been on tv, including you? 
Nope.

2.   What do you find yourself buying all the time? 
I've completely stopped buying anything but books.

 
3.   When was the last time you got a real letter in the mail?
It has to be several years ago.  From Meffie I think.  

Wait.. PJ wrote me a letter a couple years ago. Sadly we were totally wrapped up in the decline and demise of my mil so I just emailed my friend.
 
4.   Have you ever lived in a house/apartment that has been broken into?
No

 
5. Did you walk to school with your friends? Take a school bus? Ever have someone carry your books home from school?
I've done the first two.  No one even got a crush on me in school so ...there ya go!

 
6. Do you like pumpkin seeds? Do you carve the pumpkin and roast the seeds? Do you buy packaged, prepared pumpkin seeds?
I love roasted pepitas, which are not from a pie pumpkin but from a green one grown just for it's fat little seeds.

 
7. Does your car or did a family car have a name?
Our Jeep is called "Jeeplie", and our big, old white Dodge station wagon was named "Moby Dodge".  It was the longest station wagon at 21 feet, almost an RV!  It was great for family camping trips.


8.  The first week of October was National Mystery Series Week. Do you sleuth alongside Nancy Drew or Miss Marple? Fan of Nero Wolfe?   Now you'll be sorry you asked....



I adore Mysteries!
 
I love all of Agatha Christie, including Miss Marple, as well as
P.D. James's Adam Dagliesh.  But I've never read any Nancy Drew.  
I've also read all of Sherlock Holmes Mysteries and all of the Donna Leone ones about Commissario Guido Brunetti.  
I've read many of the mysteries written by Janet Evanovich. 
I also like the shorter ones written about sleuthing cats, and cupcake shop owners, as well as ones about a CrossStitch Shop owner in Minnisota.  
Also, want to read the mystery series by Mary Kruger.  
And, I still want to read the series about a Quilt shop owner turned sleuth. 
 
9. Have you ever spent ages writing something on your computer when it suddenly crashed and you lost it all?
No.  I'm married to a guy whose job was as a software and hardware geek/techie.  If something gets even a tiny bit wobbly, he is all OVER it.

 
10. Are you one of those people who can sleep through anything?
Nope, I still can barely sleep through the drop of a PIN.  But that's improved with meditation on the "nothing" of the world.

 
11. What type or kind of art do you like? And do you draw or paint yourself
I like all schools of art except for whatever Andy Warhol started as a joke, and it's still a joke...and several minimalists, like the one in Germany is it?  You know, the one who just crapes a wedge along a canvas several hundred times and is guaranteed 500K per painting.  And,  all Jack the Dripper's stuff is so Blegth!


What would I put on my walls?  I have a seascape of my own, and one of my daughter's of a swan that she did in 9th grade.  I also have a drawing of hers that is of a cougar drinking from a stream that won 1st place at the Catalina's Art Festival when she was 17.
 
12. If you went to London, where would you go first?
Probably I would go, first,  to see Big Ben.

 
13.  What is one quote that you love to quote?
The Amaranté one in the header. 

 
14.  Do you ever at times see the world in black and white?
Not a chance.  Everyone knows that it's 50 shades of Gray

 
15. Do you believe there is life somewhere else in the universe?

Yes, many places.  And, if we are lucky,  they'll never find US!

14 comments:

  1. Sleuthing cats? This sounds to good to be true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sounded like fun so I read a couple. I sort of liked the ones by an Amish lady. But there is another author that does them as well. Happy Reading, and Bull Riding. ;o)

      Delete
  2. Ahhhh, books! I LOVE books! Enjoy! Love your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would like this Sunday Stealing. Most of us, if not all, love to read as well as blog. So, we LOVE books! Have a good week! Thanks for the good wishes.

      Delete
  3. I love pepitas! They are so hard to find in my area. I have fond memories of my grandma giving them to us from a baggy in her purse. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nice memory! Grandmother's are very special.
      Sorry the pepitas are hard to find. Maybe you could order them from somewhere? Bob's Red Mill, maybe?
      I'll be by your blog tomorrow to read and leave a comment. Love that title.

      Delete
  4. You are speaking my language. While I love the more technical mysteries, the cozies are my "guilty" pleasure. Curling up with one is like sitting down with an old friend.

    I bought a package of maple flavored pepitas last fall and they were very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those little mysteries are so much fun. Some of them are really well written. And yes, like curling up to chat with an old friend.
      Pepitas are so delicious. I'm going to get myself some! Keep me from eating any of the Halloween goodies. maybe.. ;-)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks CountryDew. A good mystery is a lot more interesting than most things. They are sort of like Non-fiction as a lot of them are also mysteries, too! The sad book I just read really put my down into a funk. That and the latest developments in Syria. I'd like to snatch someone bald but I could just burn his toupee. In effigy?

      Delete
  6. Have you read any of the Louise Penny series starring Inspector Gamache? They are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've read at least one. Or, maybe I remember the name of the detective from somewhere. Thanks! Also, I read all of the Ladies' Number 1 Detective Agency books. I love those, too. Enjoy the week, Kwizgiver!

      Delete
  7. Agatha Christie fan here! Love her books.. all of them.
    I fell in love with the Rebecca West quote on the sidebar. Ain't it the truth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, Agatha Christie was phenomenal, both as a person and an author. I’ve read most of what she wrote plus a biography of her but don’t remember the author.
      I loved that quote of Rebecca West’s. It was the perfect illustration of the irony of being female in a mans world. Enjoy the week..🥳

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..