"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, August 16, 2020

Saturday 9: Who are you?"

Saturday 9

 


Saturday 9: "Who Are You? (1977)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song, originally recorded by The Who, was the theme of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, which ran from 2000 to 2015. Did you watch it? Were you a fan?


No sorry..I may have to do someday but not now.  Too much crime everywhere to watch the pretend stuff. lol

2) When the show premiered, Gil Grissom (William Petersen) was the CSI team's supervisor. Gil's mother was deaf, and so he was fluent in American Sign Language. Can you communicate using ASL?

 I can say, "Look at the dirty tree".  Hubby and I learned this when we saw Coco signing and she would tell little jokes.  I am thinking it's a skill I do want to learn and then teach to DH.  We need this!  I'm part French and he's part Italian so we both have their own sign language anyway.

3) His assistant is blood-splatter analyst Catherine Willows (Marg Helgenberger). Catherine's family moved often, which made it hard for her to get traction in her studies. She finally just dropped out of high school. She later got her GED, and even graduated from college. Have you ever considered going back to school? 

I was on my way to finishing the last few credits for my bachelor's degree when fate intervened for the UMPTEENTH time.  I took it as a VERY BIG SIGN to just read for my major -which is basically what is done in England, you know?
 

4) Though set in Las Vegas, most of CSI was filmed in Santa Clarita, CA. Santa Clarita is also home to Six Flags Magic Mountain amusement park. Do you enjoy roller coasters?

I've never liked the look of them so no, I haven't ever been on one.
 
5) The vocalist on the CSI theme, Roger Daltry of the Who, made a cameo appearance on the show during season 7. Do you have a favorite Who song?
 
I LOVE* LOVE* LOVE "Baba O'Riley"!



6) CSI became a franchise, followed by CSI: Miami and CSI: New York. If we could organize a Saturday 9 field trip, which of these CSI cities would you prefer we visit: Las Vegas, Miami or New York?
I would arrange to visit New York City.  I've seen Las Vegas enough times just having to drive through that mess.  I want to see New York.  I want to see the coast of Florida but not Miami.

 
7) In 2000, the last original Peanuts comic strip was published. How many Peanuts characters can you name?
Charley Brown, Lucy, Pig Pen, Linus, Snoopy, Woodstock, Schroeder and Peppermint Patty.  There's a little redheaded girl and the kite eating tree.  That's it.
8) Also in 2000, media giant Time Warner merged with America Online, the email provider. It's estimated that 74% of us check our email at least once/day. Are you one of the 74%?
Nope. 
 
9) Random question -- Did you more recently cut and paste, or delete?
Probably "delete" because I go through the mail and deleted about four days worth.


Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!


Thanks so much Gal!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That tree seemed like it had a life of it's own. Lol...I used to talk to my elm trees. The were a gift from my mother, who brought them down from her place in coffee cans. You can imagine the impact of them being poisoned and dying from it. Roundup by the gallon from a neighbor uphill, trying to kill his neighbor's tree which also died. People!

      Delete
  2. Just to let you know, my comments don't show up until I approve them. Your comment from last week is there. As for showing twice, I don't know why it is doing that. It only shows up twice for *you*, and if you leave the site and return, you'll only see it once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info, Bev. It's good to know it's not really happening. I thought I was messing up your comment section.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..