"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Feel like Dancing? Saturday 9


Copacabana

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.



Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

1) This song refers to the merengue and the cha-cha. Are you a good dancer?

At one time I was fairly good. I would have loved to have learned more.

 2) Dances like the merengue and cha-cha are featured on Dancing with the Stars. Are you a loyal DWTS viewer?
I just went to look at a preview for 2014.  No way.  I don't like the way it's presented and I love latin dancing.  We used to watch the competitions on PBS, for the Nationals in ball room dancing, and liked that.  That's Flash enough for the likes of me.

3) The Copa girl in the song, Lola, wears yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to there. If we were going to the clubs tonight, what would you wear?

I'm just not into nightclubs at all anymore.

4) The real Copacabana nightclub was on East 60th Street in New York. It was used as a setting for the movie Goodfellas. Do you have a favorite mobster movie?

Unless they happen to be in a spyspoof or something, no, I don't like them.  Danny DeVito might make a cute mobster, but, no. I did like him as the little criminal in "Other People's Money".

5) Our featured artist, Barry Manilow, has unfortunately spent a great deal of this young century in the hospital -- broken nose, face lift, chest pains and two hip surgeries. Tell us about your most recent trip to the doctor, ER, or dentist.

No. Let's just say it wasn't any fun. My new motto for life is, "Let it go the instant it's over."

6) Manilow told US Magazine that he enjoys nude sunbathing. Have you ever skinny dipped or sunbathed au naturel?

No,and never was.  I'm strictly a suited bather unless it's the bathtub.  Mr.Z remodeled the bathroom in our first house, and he set up an outdoor (and cold water) shower outside.  It was completely private, and I still wore a two piece. Brrr it was cold!

7) Before he became famous as a performer, Manilow was a very successful jingle writer. "Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there …" and "You deserve a break today at McDonald's …" were his. Tell us about a TV commercial you saw recently.

I don't watch TV shows because too many of them are a waste of time, and I hate commercials anyway.

8) The Manilow faithful are known as Fanilows and proudly wear Barry hoodies, wristwatches and even dog tags.  Do you have any clothes that feature a recording artist?

Not anymore. I had a gorgeous tee shirt with Eddie Van Halen on it that DD2  air brushed one year. She is an amazing artist.

9) In 2005, Manilow refused to respond when Larry King inquired about his sexuality. Do you think it's rude for interviewers to ask personal questions? Or is it something a performer should expect because it goes with the job?

It's flat out rude. Larry King probably didn't start it but he's one of the first to have been over the top. And things have just gotten a lot more rude since then. The doors were swung open so wide that we have probably got the most ugly set of talk show manners of all, since unhappily, TV seems to lead the way. The "talking heads" seem to be shameless.


End  .......Thank you, Sam, for this fun meme!  Sorry, I just don't watch TV very much, if ever.

Cute little Martian Brain Thief
Note from Sam:
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I watch entirely too much TV. We now turn it off after the Today Show, and back on after dinner, still too much TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are heading in the right direction. Most evenings I'm parked in front of Netflix, and even some afternoons for a bit, too. Anyway, BIG Congratulations because if you are up and down and moving around the rest of the day, mostly, it seems like you've started striking a good balance. Hobbies still keep me busy, and I'm still trying to parcel out the detritus from an over active Arts and Craft Gene I inherited from my mother and aunties. =o/ It's somewhere next to the crooked little Acquisition Gene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The TV in this house fizzled out several years ago, and I never had enough money to replace it. It was actually those old types of TVs, not a flat screen TV or HD or whatever. Just a regular TV that lasted a good 10 years before going on the fritz. I used to tell the time by what TV show was on--now I have no idea what is on TV, and I actually like it better that way. There are many conversations that I can't join in on, but when I hear people talk about those shows, I keep thinking to myself, why do people want to watch that?? I'm okay with missing out on current TV. I find what i need on Netflix or YouTube. But, like you, I hate commercials. And sadly, a LOT of YouTube videos now make you sit through commercials before you can watch them. *sigh* Just can't escape them, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re: watching less to none of commercial TV: I'm ok with it, too. I resent that what belongs to the people has been sold to huge networks that make gobs of money selling to the highest bidder. I think I resent it most during election years. I know what you mean about commercials on YouTube. I think YouTubes are sometimes up there so that the poster can get revenue for the hits. I get my speaker icon up and cocked so that I can shut the sound off if they arise.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..