"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, October 27, 2017

Saturday 9: Monster Mash....



Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions
every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Like to play along?  Go HERE  for the linkie link.


Saturday 9: Monster Mash (1962)

Unfamiliar with this week's featured song? To Hear it go HERE

1) In your younger days, did you ever trick or treat while dressed as a monster or ghoul? 
No, but my little brother dressed as a ghost or a pirate.  I can't remember any of my own costumes.  

2) Do you enjoy being frightened by celluloid boys-gone-bad, like Michael Myers (Halloween) or Jason (Friday the 13th)? 
Never have I watched Human Horror.  It's not my thing.  My favorite Halloween movies are E.T. , The Addams Family movies, Aliens, and also The Nightmare before Christmas.  Otherwise real life is horrid enough.  Just ask any Fireman.  So, I leave myself some breathing space as far as the entertainment goes.

3) When you were a kid, did you ever TP a neighbor's house or indulge in any other Halloween acts of vandalism? (Don't worry, the statute of limitations is up.)
No.  But when we first moved here there was kid stuff going on in the neighborhood, and so we don't put out reachable decorations anymore.  Inside I used to carve  teeny tiny squash that look like pumpkins and used battery operated lights inside. I lined them all up on the three outward facing window sills.  They were adorable.

4) Will you be attending any Halloween parties this year? If so, will you dress up?
No party or dressing up for me.  Sometimes I'll put on a witch hat to hand out candy but probably not this year.  

5) Can you see any Halloween decorations as you answer these 9 questions?
No.  I don't decorate for any holiday like I used to.  So, decorate all you can, because most people my age that I talk to don't either.  Enjoy these things while you are young enough to do it.

6) While Halloween is most popular in the United States and Canada, and isn't really celebrated at all in Japan or South Korea. How would you explain our Halloween customs to a visitor from another land?
Another land.. Hmmmm...  I think I'd say that Halloween is a bad imitation of the Day of the Dead, but that kids love it, and it's fun to help them dress up and take them to carnivals.  It's also fun to hand out candy at the door one night a year, and to see all the kids in their amazing and amusing costumes. 

7) "Monster Mash" is one of Halloween's most played songs. Are you happy to hear it every year? Or does it set your teeth on edge?  
Actually I almost never hear that song anymore and I still think it's pretty cute.  Thriller is my favorite Halloween song though it's now been hacked to death by Vevo and a thousand other knives.

8) This week's featured artist, Bobby "Boris" Pickett, started as a stand-up comedian who incorporated his imitations of Boris Karlof and Bela Lugosi into his act. Can you impersonate anyone?  
No, but I can do a Hen's little clucking calls (the ones she makes to her chicks), her Breeek sound, and her Begock! ("Red alert" ) sound pretty well.

9) Dick Clark was an impossibly young looking 33 in this week's featured clip. Are you often told you look good for your age?
Well, dears, not anymore I don't.  There was a time that I was carded, at 28, because I did look younger than my age.  Those times are gone, gone, gone.... 
I make a VERY good witch though!

Here I am with two of my friends.  We were on the way to a Late Night video store and spotted George Clooney.  We quickly cast a spell on him to make him fall in love with Kwizgiver.  Only she can say if it worked.  Oh, I'm the one in the middle.







Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!


10 comments:

  1. Human horror. I need to remember that term. That is exactly what I don't like, as well!
    I've never thought of Thriller as a Halloween song (isn't that silly??), but it's my favorite Michael Jackson song. It's got to be the full version with Vincent Price, though.
    Picturing you doing chicken calls. Tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At one time I could imitate most hawks and a few owls, too. heehee
      Thriller's one of the best Halloween songs going. I love it! Somehow Zombies don't seem too human so they get a pass on the Human Horror thing. *wink*

      Delete
  2. I loved your last bit about casting a spell over Clooney for KG. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't resist once I saw those witches pointing... lol

      Delete
  3. I think the witch's hat is a lovely way to greet Trick or Treaters. And good luck to Clooney and Kwiz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thanks! If that spell succeeds it would be the first one, ever.
      I might wear the witch's hat this year. Maybe...

      Delete
  4. Dude- I was wondering who cast that spell! So it was you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, 'Twas me! And my two sister witches who provided back up. You are such a good kidder...

      Here we go.. this won't post. There must be forbidden words in it. I feel another spell coming on.... Curse you Google!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Anytime my friend. I'll cast another one if this one doesn't stick. ;o)

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..