Readers: Go HERE to join in the fun....
Saturday 9: The Middle (2018)Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is about compromise. When did you recently give in a little and meet someone halfway? I guess the last compromise was about what to have for dinner. Pretty innocuous.
2) She sings that the floors are wet. Are there any floors in your home that could use a good scrub today? If you answered "yes," will those floors get cleaned this weekend?
Yes, there are, and those are the kitchen, dining, and the bathroom floors. All the floors get vacuumed every week. We have, almost, tile floors throughout the house, and those stay pretty clean because we never walk on most of them anymore. This floor - *points to what's under her feet* - needs replacing, so I don't scrub it.
3) She also sings that the cabinets are bare. What's currently on your shopping list?
I don't have to do the grocery shopping anymore, so I really don't know. I would like more noodles, though. I'm always up for more Pasta or Chinese Noodles!
4) You may be familiar with this song from Target's TV commercials. Do you often shop at Target?
We don't shop there very often but they have the best choices for some things we need, and we buy them there. Target will be happy to know this. 😉 It used to be the Go To place for me when I was younger. I like Target.
5) The lead vocal is handled by Maren Morris, a Grammy winner for "My Church," which is all about singing with the car radio. What's the last song you sang along with?
I just don't sing anymore. But I can still whistle tunes. Once I got pneumonia singing was pretty much a thing of the past - because of lung damage.
6) This past April, Maren married singer-songwriter Ryan Hurd and they have performed onstage together. Who is the last person you sang along with? With one person? I was taught how to harmonize by a young ( like me) guitarist who played guitar for a pre-school in the 70's. It was a magical thing.... beautiful. We sat on the floor of the classroom, and we sang together.
Speaking of Singers... here's my favorite guy singer, singing something that they can play at my funeral if they want to... No one will like it but me, but I love it. He died on my birthday, in 2014 .... RIP and sing with the Angels, my friend.
7) This song was composed by brothers Kyle and Michael Trewartha. With their bleached hair and sunglasses, they look like a pair of surfer dudes -- which they are, having grown up in Huntington Beach, CA. Is there a body of water near your hometown?
A very BIG one.
|My DD's Photo from Santa Cruz, August 2016|
8) January 2018, when this song debuted, we had a total lunar eclipse. When things like that happen in the sky, do you go out of your way to watch?
No. We watch them from close by, but don't go out to Montana or anything. We made a pin dot "camera" to watch one of the solar eclipses and watched it from right at the top of our hill.
Ours was made more simply than this, and we used a much bigger box.
9) Random question -- They say we're all young at heart. In what way can you be childlike?
I'm completely, utterly unprejudiced. That's the way little kids are, in the beginning.
|From THIS fine place...|
I can spend hours playing with mud. (clay)
I baby talk to puppies, kittens, and baby rabbits. Well, baby anythings....
And..... I believe in Unicorns!
|DID I pass? ;o)|
THANK YOU TO.....
Someone we all Love!
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read or comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!